Wednesday 24 July 2013

The Pocket Scavenger by Keri Smith

I now spend my time looking at the ground for stuff.  This is a book version of the scavenger hunts you used to go on as a kid, with a bit of a twist.  You are given items to find and attach into the book and then invited to randomly select an alteration such as adding text or triangles.  It's been good fun, I'm 38 and am happily looking for things with my 9 year old who is as delighted as I am when we find something.  My only concern is hygeine and making sure in using this you didn't cut yourself.  It is also a bit American orientated, I think British rubbish is a bit different in quality.  It does make you look at the world differently, I now see all those bits and pieces in the gutters I would have ignored before.

No comments:

Post a Comment